Looking for a job with impact?
Shine TV is looking for an accomplished television producer, passionate about Christian media, to lead our in-house video production team.
As an experienced producer – you will have proven ability to create compelling studio and location-based television content to an exceptional standard - for Shine TV and the Rhema Media brands.
You’ll be responsible for managing, producing and delivering all our studio and location content – and for developing, managing and leading our production team.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• At least 7 years’ relevant experience in a media organisation or production house
• An accomplished television producer - comfortable in both studio and location environments
• Proven track record writing for television and visual media
• Proven and demonstrated ability as a visual storyteller
• Proven team-leadership and strong production management ability
• Able to articulate an idea and communicate it in a visual form
• A strong creative and design sense
• An exceptional communicator, with highly developed written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated studio production and producing experience.
• Location and field-based television experience – demonstrating effective and compelling storytelling and production technique
• Good understanding of the nature of TV and radio in the New Zealand media environment
Characteristics that define you:
• Creative – Can find solutions to problems. Thinks outside the box
• Excellence – Is relentlessly driving towards the end state and constantly refining, accepting only the best
• Completion – Is well organised and focuses on setting and completing projects/tasks on time
• Integrity – Strong integrity and ethical standards. Words and actions are completely consistent
• Leader – Leads with respect and collaboration amongst peers and colleagues a-like
• Training – Coaches junior team members and peers to upskill in their craft areas through mentoring and encouragement
• Accountability – Takes responsibility for actions
• Curiosity – Has a hunger to impact. Craves innovation and seeks wisdom
• Strong Work Ethic – A tenacity to avoid complacency
• Learner – Independently establishes and meets goals for own growth & skill development
• Self-Managing – Is able to work well independent of supervision
• A real talent for building and maintaining excellent relationships both internally and externally
• An ability to execute with intuition and use great judgement
While not essential, the following skills and abilities would be an advantage:
• Skilled in multiple video production crafts including:
• Location Camera and Lighting
• Editing and Post-Production
• Location Sound
• Presenter and Talent coaching
• Studio Directing
The successful applicant will also:
• Be proficient with using Office 365 applications, Windows operating systems and modern browser-based work environments
• Be able to demonstrate a high-level of responsibility
• Have critical thinking and reasoned thought processes
• Have high attention to detail and accuracy
• Have ability to involve and include all stakeholders
• Have a commitment to continuous improvement
• Have a current full driver’s license
About Shine TV & Rhema Media
Shine TV is New Zealand’s Kiwi Christian Channel. 16-years young, Shine TV reaches every television household in New Zealand through the Freeview and SKY TV platforms. Shine TV also streams online at shinetv.co.nz.
Shine is committed to delivering a wide range of programmes compatible with Christian beliefs that respect our bi-cultural heritage and multi-cultural society.
Rhema Media is a not-for-profit organisation. Our mission is to connect Kiwis to Christ through media. Simply put – wherever they are on their faith journey - we want to help New Zealander’s take their next right step in Christ.
How to Apply